|Date Posted||April 17, 2019|
The Board of Stark County Commissioners is now accepting applicants for the classified position of Maintenance Worker II in the County’s Facilities Department. The Maintenance Worker II must be proficient in electrical repair and maintenance.
A sample of illustrative duties include:
- Preventive maintenance and monitoring of the heating/air conditioning units (HVAC);
- MUST perform electrical duties related to repairing equipment and fixtures, testing circuits to troubleshoot; replacing switches, outlets and ballasts; repairing and replacing motors and pumps; installing and repairing exhaust fans, relays, pressure switches, pneumatic/electric devices and related tasks;
- General repairs such as plumbing; painting and patching walls; lock repairs (including electronic), re-keys and set ups;
- Grounds work: mowing, trimming, blowing leaves, shoveling snow, spreading salt, patching asphalt;
- Finish carpentry work: construction of bookcases, cabinets, custom counter tops, laminate work, etc;
- Carpentry work: constructing stud walls, hanging doors, install drywall, carpet, tile flooring, etc.;
- Perform office moves, assisting with arranging desks, file cabinets, and other office equipment;
- Cleaning tasks: empty trash/ash cans and dumpsters; sweep, mop and buff floors; vacuum rugs and carpets when required; dust, clean and wipe down furniture;
- Be prepared to respond to after-hour emergencies.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least five (5) years of previous maintenance experience and previous skilled electrical work experience is required. Preference will be given to education and applicable training beyond high school.
Must have valid State of Ohio driver’s license and must be insurable under the County’s automobile insurance.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation has been set at $17.00/hr. This position is eligible for health, dental and vision insurance and OPERS retirement benefits.
Interested candidates should submit an application or a resume, post marked no later than Friday, May 3rd, 2019 to:
Stark County Facilities Department
Attn: Dory Jenkins
110 Central Plaza South, Suite 105
Canton, Ohio 44705
or via email to:
Subject: Maintenance Worker II