|Date Posted||September 27, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Location: Corporate Support Center in Massillon, Ohio
Hybrid work environment
The Financial Analyst (FP&A) Supply Chain supports all of Shearer’s Supply Chain including manufacturing/warehouse facilities and central support teams. As a member of the central FP&A team, the Financial Analyst is a key support resource for management and manufacturing/warehouse facilities. Key areas of responsibility include creating bill of materials for costing, labor routings, new part setup, BOM maintenance, standard cost updates, financial analysis, and special projects to generate business insights in collaboration with cross-functional teams and plant/warehouse leadership teams.
Your seat at the table
- Responsible for creating new finished goods, bill of materials and labor routings
- Establishing standard cost for finished goods
- Managing bill of materials and raw material changes regularly and communicated with cross functional teams about the changes
- Maintain quarterly standard cost updates for raw materials
- Maintain intercompany costs and freight rates
- Investigate material usage variance and general ledger issues
- Drive continuous improvement by developing automated applications that eliminate duplicate efforts and align information requirements
- Support special projects and ad hoc reporting requests
- Maintain a flexible and “can-do” attitude in managing multiple projects and changing priorities
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of Finance or Accounting or other relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across various work teams.
- High level of Excel expertise.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Experience in manufacturing Cost Accounting a plus.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.