|October 31, 2023
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Financial Analyst Commercial
As a member of the corporate financial planning and analysis team, the Financial Analyst will work with the Commercial Sales Team and Procurement to provide financial support for all customers. Key areas of responsibility include new business quoting, profitability analysis, reporting and procurement. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Sales, Product Development, Operations and Procurement teams to prepare effective customer quotes and improve customer performance and profitability.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to maximize customer potential.
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements.
- Provide analysis, reports, and recommendations to company management and sales team.
- Gain knowledge of every facet of the business in order to provide comprehensive recommendations to sales and leadership.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual sales budget.
- Maintain flexible and “can-do” attitude in managing multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Become a go-to contact for Commercial sales team and all other cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with Commercial Leadership Team to develop proper analyses and provide financially sound insights in business decisions.
- Gain a strong understanding of Shearer’s P&L to help facilitate decision making process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with internal deadlines.
- Ability to lead and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility to coordinate special projects, anticipate issues and take initiative to resolve them.
- Advanced Excel capabilities and proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.