|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2020|
Join the industry leader! KAG is North America's largest independent fuels delivery and bulk liquids carrier. At KAG, we pride ourselves on providing the safest and highest quality service to our customers by delivering every load on time, without incident. If you want to contribute to KAG's excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply! Our team members help us achieve our Vision of revolutionizing transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through our national scale, advanced technology and an uncompromising commitment to be the employer of choice.
The KAG Logistics SPL Broker solicits new brokerage customers and grows business with existing customers by providing pricing and solutions for transportation movements and/or also finding capacity with external transportation providers and negotiating rates. Monitors and tracks freight movements and communicates status' to customers as needed. Constantly solicits potential new business and capacity while working collaboratively with other team members.
Strong ability to interact and influence others. Attention to detail and commitment to customer service is essential. This position is part of a centralized execution team that conducts the majority of their business over the phone or using KAG systems to plan, monitor and execute.
The SPL Broker needs to be organized and problem solvers, with strong people skills and the ability to manage their time and resources effectively. These professionals have to be able to multitask and keep track of several shipments for numerous clients. Brokers also need strong computer and communication skills.
- Position will be focused on securing freight transactions, including scheduling and tracking shipments, negotiating with freight carriers and handling customer questions.
- Position will involve prospecting for new clients, securing transportation, matching carriers with customers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relations.
- Additional tasks may include preparing spreadsheets and reports
- Coordinate and manage campaigns and projects that are tailored to customer requirements and needs
- Developing shipper and carrier relationships to efficiently execute transactions timely and with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provide KAG billing department load information timely when necessary to ensure that customer invoice is timely and accurate
- Position will work with other shared service departments when necessary to ensure customer and carrier issues are identified and addressed
- Position will have to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- Individuals with prior freight brokering, inside sales prospecting or customer service experience in a business-to-business environment is a major plus
- Position will need to be able to work independently and in a team setting to be successful
- Successful track record of building relationships with customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet & exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
- Skill in the operation of MS Office software programs
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Supply Chain Management preferred
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.