|Date Posted||July 15, 2020|
Do you want to make a difference in our community? Do you have customer service and general office experience? Are you passionate about history and science? If so, we would love for you to join our team!
The McKinley Presidential Library & Museum in Canton, Ohio is looking for two assistants to work in our front office. The ideal candidates should be committed to supporting the museum’s mission, and educational values. Our mission is to preserve, produce, and provide authentic living repositories of information for visitors to take a historical and scientific journey through the past, present, and future.
In this role, you will report to the Administrative Assistant, and be responsible for supporting daily frontline operations. Additionally, you will utilize engaging customer service techniques in order to provide positive experiences for our visitors. Throughout the day, you will assist with daily admission transactions, as well as implement general accounting procedures. These daily reconciliations will include data processing, maintaining figures or other financial records, as well as appropriately handling sensitive information.
As a front office assistant, you will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and be reliable and flexible. This is a part-time hourly position that will be conducted primarily during the museum's weekday and weekend hours of operation. Your additional participation and assistance during special evening events may occur, and is essential to support the museum’s educational goals and community outreach endeavors.
- Have a high school diploma, or general education degree (GED).
- Minimum of 1 year of general office experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft’s data processing software (Exceptions may apply), with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of effective customer service principles and operate a computerized Point of Sale (POS) cash register.
- Able to maintain moderate physical activity levels for periods of time.
- Able to multitask and problem solve.
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and social skills for in-person, or over the phone interactions.
In this role, specific duties may include the following:
- Responsibility for all aspects of the admission to the museum, such as greeting visitors (in person, over the phone, or online) and processing monetary transactions.
- Answer the telephone and redirect calls to appropriate departments.
- Respond to visitor’s questions related to the museum and surrounding community.
- Communicate museum events and process registrations.
- Assist with membership accounts and field trip admission invoicing.
- Work with and aid museum staff and volunteer as needed.
- Maintain the front lobby area by routinely organizing and stocking event flyers.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail.
Pay: $9.00 an hour.
Interested? To apply for the position, please send a cover letter, résumé, and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to:
McKinley Presidential Library & Museum
800 McKinley Monument Dr. NW
Canton, OH 44703
Attn: Administrative Assistant
Positions are open until filled.