|Location||3111 Hilton St. N.W., Massillon, Ohio|
|Date Posted||August 19, 2022|
JOB SUMMARY: Perry Township is seeking a dynamic, full time Administrative Assistant. The successful applicant will work 40 hours per week and earn $21.50 an hour accompanied with a full health benefits package such as medical, dental and vision. A charismatic administrative assistant is the backbone of a well-run business. This position requires an outgoing person effective at juggling a variety of tasks simultaneously.
The administrative assistant will function independently under the general direction of the Township Administrator in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the job and in setting priorities and procedures for accomplishing the work. Performs secretarial and receptionist duties; answers telephones and directs calls as necessary; types correspondence, meeting minutes, various items as required; maintains record keeping and files of the administration; schedules appointments, provides information to callers, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative duties. Utilizing a variety of office equipment such as computers with standard and customized business software, printers, facsimile, and calculators will efficiently meet the demands of the position.
MAJOR TASKS and DUTIES:
- Serves as assistant to the Perry Township Administrator, and others departments as directed by the administrator. Composes, prepares and proofs a variety of office correspondence, such as letters, memos, facsimiles, and office forms.
- Performs receptionist duties such as greeting visitors, answering the phone, and providing general information.
- Post information to the township website.
- Assist with the Quarterly Recycle Report/Annual Reports.
- Assist with time stamping and circulating mail and documents on a daily basis.
- Assists with, mailing monthly reservation forms, and township hall reservations.
- Attends applicable training sessions to retain procedures and learn new office/computer techniques and continuing education opportunities as requested by the Administrator.
- Assists with transcribing minutes for Board of Trustees meetings, and others as requested by the Administrator.
- Assist with Zoning duties such as, permits, permit log, and letters as requested by the zoning inspector.
- Assist with conducting Cemetery Sexton duties.
SPECIFIC GUIDELINES: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- Secretarial experience
- Computer usage, knowledge and experience
- Time management
- Interpersonal skills
- Written communication
- Verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to effectively meet and interact with members of the public and staff respectfully under stressful circumstances.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing equipment.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices.
- Ability to make decisions with limited information under stress.
- Ability to prioritize workloads while coordinating multiple demands and tasks.
- Ability to concentrate on a given task for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to learn and use new technology equipment as it is developed and purchased.
- Ability to establish and maintain an accurate filing system.
- Ability to communicate information both orally and in writing.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to listen, comprehend, and communicate with different levels of staff and community members.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate job related equipment such as telephones, computers, calculators, etc.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The majority of work is done sitting with intermittent periods of standing and walking.
WORKING CONDITIONS: the working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Administrative Assistant should be prepared to function in a wide variety of working conditions ranging from a quiet office environment to disgruntled community members which may occur periodically. Applications must be submitted by August 26th at 4:00pm.