|Date Posted||June 3, 2021|
Perry Township Administration Department
Job Description, Full-Time Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
- NATURE OF WORK (GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF WORK)
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant shall be directly accountable and conduct work for the Township Administrator, Zoning Inspector and Fiscal Office. The primary duties consist of assisting the Township Administrator.
- It shall be the responsibility and duty of the Administrative Assistant to provide support functions for Township Administrator, and other Township personnel as directed.
- ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK (DUTIES)
- The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is to type letters, notices and any miscellaneous correspondence at the request of the Township Administrator and to assist staff with such as needed.
- The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will serve as Cemetery Sexton.
- The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will greet guests at the counter. phone, reserve township park pavilions, transcribe Board of Trustees meeting minutes and Appeals Board, Zone Commission minutes.
- The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant is to handle other tasks assigned by the Township Administrator or designee.
- ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of office procedures, including filing, computer applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and typing skills.
- Ability to handle telephone calls and converse with callers with a dynamic customer service attitude.
- Ability to use independent judgment in prioritizing work assignments and responding accordingly to report requests.
- Ability to handle requests for reports from the public.
- Ability to improve efficiency through self-study, attending seminars and through training assigned by the Township Administrator.
- Have the ability to write and speak effectively.
- Have the ability to prepare reports in a clear, concise manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of use of township website.
- Knowledge and understanding of Township Nixle program.
- The basic qualifications for the position of Administration Assistant as in Business Management Technology, Information Technologies and/or any combination of education and/or experience and training that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and aptitude for Administrative Assistant.
- Good skills, including use of email programs and group messaging and township FB.
- Good organization skills and record keeping (attention to detail is critical).
- Cheerful presence and people skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently.
- The basic qualifications for the position of Administrative Assistant is in good mental and physical health.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.