|Date Posted||September 8, 2019|
Job Title: Grant Accountant
Work Hours: 40 hours per week (M-F, 8 hours daily)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows governmental accounting and reporting requirements, internal controls and generally accepted accounting standards as well as agency fiscal policies in accordance with SCCAA needs.
- Record, classify and report data and/or records related to agency financial transactions.
- Monitor grant receipts and expenditures to ensure that expenses are within budgetary guidelines.
- Provide information within the department as well as with each program area, to ensure the accuracy in the account codes used to record transactions, and adhere to federal, state and local policies, procedures and fiscal accountability standards.
Skills and Specifications:
- Ability to interpret accounting records or reports and to analyze the effect of transactions on account relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with accounting principles, internal controls, cost allocations and allowances, especially related to federal and state funding and/or non-profit organizations.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment.