|Date Posted||April 19, 2020|
POSITION SUMMARY (briefly summarize the major components of the position.)
Develops, implements and manages strategic plans to secure funding from local, regional, and national corporations and foundations as well as government sources. Identifies prospective funding sources and ensures stewardship of current partnerships. Researches, writes and manages all aspects of grant application processes. Works to ensure effective proposal content and meaningful grant reporting. Serves as Project Manager for all grants, sponsorships and initiatives to UWGSC.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS (State the title of those directly supervised and identify primary interface responsibilities.)
Reports directly to the EVP, Resource Development and Community Impact
Works with the Impact Team, Campaign Team and Financial Prosperity Center
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
As a small team-based organization, United Way associates are expected to work in a fluid and flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every associate. To this point, associates must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks within several areas of the organization. In addition, all associates interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way associates demonstrate a professional appearance, exemplary inter-personal skills and the highest ethical standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (describe the essential job responsibilities, be specific and concise.)
- Develops the strategic plan to secure new and renewed funding from local, regional, and national corporations and foundations and government sources that will increase and maximize UWGSC grant revenue.
- Understands UWGSC initiatives and programs and creates the compelling case for support through current or proposed sponsorships and initiatives.
- Coordinates evaluation of grant opportunities with appropriate staff internally
- Valuates expected work time to complete applications
- Analyzes likelihood of award
- Provides a summary of opportunities to staff internally.
- Utilize Foundation Software to seek to identify and propose prospective funders.
- Based on stated internal needs, strategy and vision proposes, coordinates, develops, and writes content for all grant proposals.
- Proposes, coordinates, develops and writes content for all grant reports.
- Tracks reporting required by grantors and works in partnership with Community Impact department to ensure fulfillment.
- Manages research and cultivation of new grant funding relationships and the maintenance of existing relationships.
- With Resource Development, manages grantor communications. Develops and sends reports, correspondence, and thank-you letters to funders and other stakeholders.
- Review contracts, route for approval and signature, including those submitted by direct services.
- Monitor contract compliance and alert management regarding any issues or concerns.
- When necessary, meet with grantors and potential grantors in person to manage and facilitate relationships.
- Track conversations, vital correspondence, and needs of grantors in ANDAR.
- Assist with campaign accounts as appropriate
- All other duties as assigned
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (State the minimum type and amount of education, experience, skills and abilities to fully perform the requirements of the position.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred or 3-5 years of successful experience of grant writing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (excellent critical and creative writing skills)
- Applicant needs to be detailed oriented, resourceful and a problem solver
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments/responsibilities
- Ability to simultaneously manage short-term and long-term plans and goals
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a high-performing team
- Strong interpersonal and conflict management skills
- Able to work at the highest level of the community
- Position is primarily a normal office setting, requiring long periods of sedentary work at a desk and computer.
- After hours event attendance will occasionally be required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and insured motor vehicle