|Date Posted||April 5, 2021|
Job Description for Grants and Accounting Administrator
Salary Range: $40,000 - $65,000
Reports To: Director, Finance
Date: April 1, 2021
The Grants & Accounting Administrator is responsible for providing financial and administrative support services to designated program staff, proponents, recipients in areas such as project development, implementation and monitoring throughout the life-cycle of projects.
The Grants & Accounting Administrator is also responsible for the preparation of project approval documents and to review financial reports and invoices to determine appropriate amounts of payments. This position will also serve as a backup to all positions within the Finance Department.
- Responsible for reconciling expenditures and employee time for each project or acquisition in order to accurately drawdown or bill accordingly. Ensure all project time is updated and tracked accurately through Kronos.
- Responsible for assisting the Grants Manager with grant applications including, but not limited to preparation of grant applications, and assisting with grant applications prepared by outside vendors.
- Assist in all grant reporting in compliance with required agencies, such as FTA, ODOT, Congress, APTA, Auditor of State, Agency auditors, other agencies, and organizations as required or directed.
- Coordinating and assisting with grant planning and project planning with the Grants Manager to ensure availability of funds as needed or required.
- Track all grant awards within SARTA to ensure projects are on budget and within timelines. Work closely with Grant Manager and project leads with regards to funding new and current projects.
- Assist with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Procurement and provide back-up and perform the functions in each of these areas as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven Finance or Accounting Expertise.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Relationship Management.
- Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- History of Successful Program Management Skills.
- Strong Independent Judgement.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Expected Hours of Work
Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Rare overnight travel may be necessary to attend educational and professional development events.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a Finance or Accounting role.
- Candidates with viable combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working with grants in a government setting.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Procurement Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Non-Discrimination Statement
SARTA is committed to ensuring the values of equity, diversity, and productivity in the workplace. SARTA is an equal employment opportunity employer and strives to maintain a diverse workforce reflective of the community we serve.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residence and a good driving record.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Nonsmoking Policy and function in a nonsmoking work environment.
- Must pass an employment physical examination to be certified for the position and maintain a physical condition which, either with or without accommodation, allows completion of all essential duties.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
- Must be able to comply with SARTA’s Drug and Alcohol Policy and function in a drug-free and alcohol-free work environment.
- Must submit documentation supporting United States citizenship or an alien lawfully authorized to work in the United States in accordance with SARTA’s obligation under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
- Must pass a criminal background investigation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, schedules, and activities may change at any time with notice or with no notice.
Applications for this role are only accepted through SARTAonline.com/jobs
Deadline to Apply is 4/19/2021