|Date Posted||February 15, 2021|
A family owned forging and machine shop is looking for a reliable, hardworking employee. Some of the tasks involved with this job are; Grinding steel forgings to remove burrs, shot blasting, assembling components for shipping. You may eventually, operate drill presses, CNC lathe's or mills, forge parts in a hammer or press. This job is very physically demanding. In addition to submitting a resume online, applicants need to fill out an application in person.
Position is full time, M-F 6 am - 2 pm.
You will be required to work some Saturday's. Saturday hours are 4 am - 12 pm.
Position Responsibilities: You will be required to prepare parts for final assembly through grinding, shot blast, and machining. You are expected to maintain a clean work area, operate a tow motor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Submission of a company resume
- Ability to pass an entry drug test, and be subjected to random drug testing
- This job is very physically demanding. You will be consistently handling parts that range anywhere from 25 lbs to 60 lbs.
- Hand, eye, and ear protection will be worn at all times, as this position is loud, and hot.
Training: Wallace Forge will provide training on the vast majority of the above requirements, as it is essential to safe, proper operation.
Applicants should apply in person with resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.35 /hour after probationary period
Healthcare, 401K, and paid vacation time are offered after required time is vested.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.35 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place