|Date Posted||January 24, 2022|
HUTH READY MIX & SUPPLY CO
501 5TH ST NW
MASSILLON, OH 44647
Looking for heavy equipment mechanic for the Ready-Mix industry. Candidate should be experienced in heavy truck repair and maintenance. The job will be repairing and completing maintenance on concrete mixer trucks.
The Mechanic will perform skilled repair and maintenance of truck fleet and inspect motorized and mechanical equipment; maintain inventory; and diagnose problems to determine the extent of necessary repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repair, adjust and overhaul of diesel engines
- Comply with all company policies and safety rules, as well as federal, state, and local regulations that govern the industry. Perform the required paperwork and/or computer records accordingly.
- Inspect, repair, replace and modify components of engines including drive lines, transmissions, brake systems, clutches, and steering assemblies.
- Repair or replace ignition parts, diesel injectors and carburetors. Replace faulty parts including wheel bearings, shock absorbers, oil seals, emission systems, exhaust systems, generators, distributors, lights, and switches.
- Perform routine servicing, lubricating, greasing on scheduled program
- Perform electronic diagnostics and troubleshoot electrical systems; repair and replace faulty components including wiring.
- Use welding equipment to fabricate, rebuild and strengthen various equipment parts.
- Determine serviceability and replacement needs for vehicles and equipment
- Maintain an inventory of fluids, parts, and equipment and perform some physical plant maintenance
- Participate in training programs; maintain and update safety skills and knowledge; keep current with hazardous material training requirements
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience performing maintenance on commercial vehicles
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to operate all company vehicles
- Valid Ohio Driver's license and good driving record
Beneficial Education and Experience:
- CDL – Class B
- Operate Mack Software
Hours of Work & Benefits:
- 8-12 hours per day and periodic Saturdays
- Time and half after 8 hours a day and Saturdays
- Hourly rate $21 to $30 an hour
- Union Shop
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision
- 401K Plan
- Vacation and paid holidays
- Boot allowance
- This job operates in a shop environment
- Occasionally exposed to elements and weather
- Occasional exposure to gasoline, diesel fuel, oil, grease, dust, fumes, and chemicals.
- Email – email@example.com
- Or contact Adam Brosnahan – 330-323-5487