|Date Posted||February 18, 2021|
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Certified Medical Assistant required. Training and/or work experience with pediatric children ages 0-5 is preferred. Must have excellent writing, communication, and computer skills. Valid driver’s license required.
- Track medical, dental and developmental requirements for Head Start and Early Head Start children .
- Review medical and dental documentation for enrolled children. Enter all results and follow-up in Child Plus data system.
- Utilize Child Plus reports to ensure accuracy of child data and to monitor deadlines and expiration dates in order to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance standards and ODJFS licensing rules.
- Complete Health Care Plans and Administration of Medication Forms with parents in compliance with ODJFS licensing regulations. Train staff as needed.
- Assist community health providers during health or dental clinics.
- Perform vision, hearing, lead, hematocrit and hemoglobin screenings to maintain compliance with Head Start Performance Standard screening requirements and timelines.
- Contact parents and medical providers to obtain medical records and documentation of follow-up treatments.
- Provide transportation as needed for children and parents to obtain required screenings or follow-up.
- Provide first aid and support to classroom staff to assess injuries, communicable diseases, etc. Provide classroom activities and education as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas for children, families, staff, and records.