|Date Posted||April 20, 2022|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
*12 hour shifts on weekends
*Shift may vary based on Production
Your seat at the table
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for thoroughly cleaning all equipment throughout the facility. This individual will be using chemicals and power washers to ensure the cleanliness of all our equipment along with the rest of the facility. The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Ladders & Lift equipment is used during cleaning. Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
What you bring to the table
- Education– High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Attendance – This is a skilled position that requires the Team Member be reliable on a constant basis
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership - Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy. Sanitation Technicians will need to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC and must have the ability to work well with others
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We offer a feast of benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!