Home Health Director
|Date Posted||March 13, 2019|
Home Health Director – Full Time
Summary Duties and Responsibilities
Provides administrative and management oversight to all aspects of the operation of the Home Health department, including personal, quality, safety, financial results, patient satisfaction, and compliance with Medicare Conditions of Participation. Act as Administrator for the Agency.
Core Competencies for the Position
- Maintains an effective employee relations program by handling scheduling, time/attendance, disciplinary matters, counseling, documentation and employee complaints in an acceptable manner
- Administers and communicates all existing Hospital Human Resource Policies, Procedures and Programs uniformly and consistently in full compliance with their provisions and/or regulatory requirements
- Manages the Hospital’s performance measurement and evaluation systems:
- Performance appraisals in the required format are completed by due date, includes probationary reviews.
- Actual review of employee performance is conducted by due date.
- Performance improvement plans are developed by due date for employees with performance indicators scored “Below Standard.”
- Provides effective leadership for the Department by:
- Demonstrating leadership abilities through ability to problem solve, communicate and delegate.
- Demonstrating ability to react well in pressure situation.
- Collaborating with relevant personnel in decision-making.
- Recognizing and rewarding staff for their accomplishments
- Fostering development of each staff member.
- Demonstrates and promotes quality customer service
- Communicates and acts upon Strategic Health Partners information to constantly improve Department patient satisfaction scores
- Develops customer service standards and measurement tools for the Department and implements specific actions to demonstrate improvement in customer satisfaction
- Maintains an effective system of open communication with employees through regular meetings, employee involvement, employee surveys or other mechanisms as appropriate
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication with all members of the Hospital team
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations skills and shares information appropriately and in a timely manner
- Maintains department in regulatory compliance with all federal, state, and industry wide standards
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by achieving budgeted outcomes
- Responsible for achieving quality patient outcomes as reported by CMS
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work inherent in the job.
This position will be filled based on experience, skills, and education.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, management, or similar field required.
- RN license preferred.
- Home Health experience strongly preferred.
- Prior Management experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and organizational ability. Excellent writing, computer and program development skills.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with patients, families, peers and Medical Staff.
- Excellent writing, computer and program development skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people, projecting a positive image for the Hospital.
- Ability to assess, interpret, comprehend and evaluate varied data.
- Multiple task oriented, ability to work independently and prioritize work.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, reach high shelves, lift 20-25lbs. and assist with moving heavier objects.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Interested applicants must submit their application at the Union Hospital website to be considered.
Applications submitted using the Apply Online button will not be accepted.