|Date Posted||November 5, 2019|
The Inspector – Trainee is an entry-level training position for a one-year period during which progress towards the completion and acquisition of inspector certification along with mastery of the duties and responsibilities shall be demonstrated. At that time an evaluation will be done to determine if the employee retains employment as an Inspector.
- Attend and successfully complete all required classes and training necessary for HWAP Inspector Certification
- Performs HWAP data entry as required.
- Monitor the quality of workmanship and materials of HWAP contracted services.
- Assure program compliance with Ohio Development Services and Federal Department of Energy regulations as well as other relevant regulations along with agency policies and procedures.
- Prepare, issue, and maintain HWAP work orders and files for HWAP contracted services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have or the ability to obtain BPI Building Analyst Certification within a maximum of one year from hire date and BPI Quality Control Inspector (OCI) certification within 15 months of hire date.
- Must successfully obtain Ohio Weatherization Training Center certifications in all required courses concerning HWAP inspections within one year of hire.
- Overnight travel for training and certification is required; must have a valid Ohio Driver’s license, reliable transportation, and clean driving record
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and at least three to five years of experience in residential construction trades, home weatherization or related energy efficiency field.
- Must be able to serve as a project manager and coordinate multiple residential construction projects simultaneously.
- Must have excellent computer, math and communication skills.