|Date Posted||September 27, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Millennium plant located in Massillon, Ohio
Your seat at the table
- Working with all levels of employees at the plant
- Communicating and providing HR resource assistance to team members
- Carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, payroll, team member engagement, benefits support and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
- Support communication, interpret and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site
- Help HR team to lead retention, rewards and recognition programs.
- Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
- Help with upkeep on all HR communication boards and platforms.
- Partner with talent acquisition and training and qualification team for accurate data for roster alignment
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years work experience and hands on practice of knowledge of principles and procedures involved in personnel recruitment, selection, compensation and benefits, and labor relations and negotiations
- Knowledge of labor laws, legal codes, and rules and regulations
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
- Database entry and use skills - including strong user of Excel
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to occasionally stand for a prolonged period of time
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
The HR Coordinator position is located in a manufacturing environment, which occasionally includes:
- Exposure to high temperatures
- Fumes or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
- Loud noise level
- Elevated heights
- Hot surfaces
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.