|Date Posted||August 22, 2022|
♥ You already love us ♥
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Human Resources Generalist
Your seat at the table
- Carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, payroll, associate engagement and development, employee relations, benefits support and communications, compensation administration, and administrative compliance (FMLA, ADA, FLSA, etc).
- Drive an actively engaged culture through positive interactions with the hourly workforce.
- Communicate, interpret, and enforce all company policies and practices applicable to the site.
- Work with diverse workforce and assist in translation of both spoken word and documentation.
- Manage headcount and partner with Talent Acquisition to support the needs of the business.
- Work with Operations Leaders to develop effective new hire on boarding and training programs.
- Lead Retention, Rewards and Recognition Employee Involvement Teams.
- Counsel line management and associates in the application of company policies, procedures, processes, employee issues, and federal and state employment law.
- Oversee administrative process around data management including but not limited to new hire set up and associate information management, compensation and benefits administration, leave of absence management, and other similar requirements.
- Assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements such as FMLA, ADA, FLSA, and other federal, state, and local regulations that are applicable to the human element of our business.
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years Human Resources work experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of employees and management fluently in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including knowledge of EEO, ADA and FMLA.
- Strong drive for results to lead and facilitate efforts to ensure human resources alignment with the company and/or site
- Experience with HRIS systems, ADP preferably
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with line management and hourly workforce to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Strong project management and customer service skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to lead with empathy
- Ability to work in a fast-pace, results oriented environment
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.