|January 25, 2024
Shearer's is a leading contract manufacturer and private label supplier in the snack industry in North America. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, Shearer's has 17 state-of-the-art, geographically diverse manufacturing facilities in Ohio, Texas, Arkansas, Arizona, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Iowa, Ontario and Alberta, Canada, including one of the industry's first Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design platinum LEED certified facilities in Massillon, Ohio. The Company is known for producing the highest quality snacks in assorted flavors and sizes, including kettle cooked potato chips, traditional potato chips, tortilla chips, cheese curls and other extruded snacks, and corn chips, as well as cookies, crackers, and wafers.
Human Resources Manager
Location: Stark Distribution Center in Massillon, Ohio
Your seat at the table
Plan, direct, and assist in the Shearer's Millennium manufacturing facility located in Massillon, Ohio. Manage and lead the coordination of the HR functions for a dynamic food manufacturing and logistics facility. Provide strategic HR guidance and execute against plant and company deliverables in employee relations, retention, compensation and other key HR areas to support the success of the market. Also, perform project management at the plant and corporate level as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Connect with associates, supervisors and leadership to identify and correct attrition in the local market, as well as partner with HR peers to improve retention rates across the company
- Lead the on-boarding process, and work with Corporate HR to assure administrative accuracy with benefits enrollment and all other HR systems
- Provide leadership to managers and supervisors with regard to associate relations initiatives, training, and execution
- Develop and execute programs that result in positive associate relations, including union avoidance programs
- Consult with managers, supervisors, and hourly associates with regard to interpretation and execution of employment policy; approve all corrective action decisions, termination decisions, and any other actions arising from the associate Handbook
- Work with the Corporate Safety and Security function to assure compliance with all regulatory requirements, enforcement of our internal standards and the creation of a safety culture
- Foster the Shearer's Safety Culture
- Perform workers compensation administration functions
- Manage corporate projects as directed by the Director and /or Vice President of Human Resources
What you bring to the table
- Four-year degree in Business or some other applicable field
- A minimum of five years’ experience in Human Resources management
- Excellent data analytics and presentation skills
- Proven ability to use a project-management style of work, and execute effective programs on-time
- Interpersonal attributes that lead to a credible, internal customer service approach to leadership
- Ability to create a positive culture of high performance, trust, and teamwork
- Computer skills including software such as Excel, Power Point, and Word are required
- Familiarity with a complex HRIS is preferred
- Leadership skills
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.