Human Resources Admin
|Date Posted||February 14, 2023|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
As a member of the Human Resources department, our Human Resource Assistant (HRA) assists with team member benefits, payroll, policies and supports the recruitment and retention processes. You will be service-oriented with a "People First" mindset. You'll work closely with team members to help them be successful in their jobs.
Your seat at the best snacks table:
- Team Member Engagement and Support
- Events, Rewards and Recognition
- Recruitment – Partners with the Shearer’s Staffing Engine (SSE) to support plant hiring events and onboarding. Supports the internal job posting and selection process
- Flexibility – Available to work a variety of shifts when applicable and work weekends and overtime when needed
- Confidentiality – Must maintain a high level of confidentiality in their everyday work
- Records & Documentation - Enters, verifies, and maintains personnel documentation, including personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance evaluations, and termination data
- Perform additional related duties as assigned
What you bring to the party:
- 1-2 years experience in administrative, human resources, or recruitment experience preferred
- Knowledge of FMLA and Unemployment claims
- Social Media experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills – proficient in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Sharepoint
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!