|Date Posted||November 22, 2019|
Human Resources/Administrative Assistant
Oasis is searching for a self-motivated and experienced Human Resources/Administrative Assistant to support our rapidly growing ambulatory surgery center. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing human resources support, assisting the Administrator and Coordinators with the upkeep of facility policies, employee manual, job descriptions and skills checklists, peer reviews, physician credentialing and reappointment and facility preparation for accreditation. This role will support the mission, goals and objectives of the Center as established by the Medical Executive Committee and encourage an environment of opportunity and diversity.
• Performs benefits administration to include new hire enrollment, open enrollment and qualifying event changes. Assists employees with benefit questions and resolutions.
• Manages onboarding and updates to the Benefit portal
• Uploads new employees into payroll / HR system (ADP) and processes bi-weekly staff payroll
• Maintains employee HR, health and educational files
• Assists employees with facilitating and tracking FMLA leave
• Manages Personal Time Off (PTO) balances for all employees.
• Assist the Administrator and Coordinators with employee recruitment, including submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews, extending job offers, conducting background screening, employee orientation and conducts exit interviews as needed.
• Monitors and Maintains Attendance/Occurrences for all hourly staff and communicates with Department Coordinators or Administrator for actions needed.
• Provides employee reports (employee census, payroll records, etc.) to Omni’s HR Manager and/or Controller on a prn basis
• Assists with the creation or updates of facility policies in accordance with best practice
• Develops training skills-checklists and job descriptions for each department and specific role with the Department Manager/Coordinator and the Administrator
• Perform credentialing on all physicians, anesthesiologists, CRNA’s, Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistants and maintain updated Licensure copies
• Completes re-appointment every two years and maintains privilege updates
• Compiles information for physician peer review semi-annually
• Attends Oasis quarterly meetings, takes minutes and maintains meeting attendance and minutes log
• Assists with performance measure data collection and the compilation and maintenance of a quality measures dashboard in accordance with AHRQ and Joint Commission’s standards.
• Assists in preparation of staff records in preparation of accreditation
• Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment and labor laws including Affordable Care Act, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR-related field preferred
• 5+ years Human Resources related experience, preferably in a hospital/ASC environment
• Experience with CMS, ODH, AAAHC and Joint Commission Accreditation requirements
• Experience with ADP, HCP, HST (EMR) is preferred
• Business and Insurance contract knowledge preferred
• Highly efficient time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Strong ability to multitask and finish assigned projects before deadlines are due.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision. Self-motivated and effective in a team and individual setting
• Protects and ensures the confidentiality of employee matters
• Able to set goals, stay on track and meet administrative deadlines
• Strong communication and employee service skills
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. May be necessary to lift or carry up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
• This is a fulltime (40 hours) Monday through Friday hourly position. This position may require some hours to be worked before or after determined scheduled work hours.
Response to qualified candidates only
Resumes accepted via Starkjobs.com or email@example.com
4889 Munson St
Canton, Ohio 44718