Human Resources Manager
|Date Posted||March 26, 2019|
Lehman’s is now hiring a Human Resources Manager (HRM)! Lehman’s is consistently voted number one in “The Best of Ohio” and is looking to expand their management team. The HRM is involved in strategic planning, recruitment, and retention, benefits administration and management as well as other facets of the business.
We’re looking for a driven, highly motivated individual who is able to learn new processes, procedures, and technology quickly. The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in Human Resources Management
- Enjoy learning and creating new policies and procedures
- Enjoy fully engaging those around you
- Want a work/life balance
- Want to work for a company who puts people first
If you answered “YES!” to these questions, then look no further because your “somewhere” could start here!
If interested, please go to our website for a job description summary and to apply online. EOE www.careers.lehmans.com
Position Summary & Purpose:
The Human Resources Manager (HRM) is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organization and performance management, training and development and compensation. The Human Resources Manager (HRM) provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the executive management team. The Human Resources Manager (HRM) will assist the Human Resources Manager in creating a positive employment experience by engaging current and potential employees in a positive and helpful manner, by offering accurate and relevant information in a manner focused on providing exceptional customer service and creating an outstanding first impression of the Lehman’s work culture.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with special needs to perform essential functions.
- Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm's mission and strategic vision.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Work with the firm's executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm.
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation, and benefits globally.
- Direct supervision of HR staff and management/planning of time worked vs time off requests etc.
- Develop and ensure HR budgets are on target for the year, forecasting, adjusting of budget monies, etc. each month to ensure funding allocation is correct
- Active participation in fiduciary committees in order to ensure fiscal responsibility
- Benefits administration of company-specific plans as well as group coverage and voluntary plans offered by the company
- Conduct due diligence when operational needs arise to ensure proper stewardship of funds and human capital
- Participate in company and community sponsored events where company management presence is required
- Work closely with executive management and the HRA to ensure employee engagement and recognition occurs multiple times per year
- Biweekly payroll processing and submission through processing software
- Expected to quickly learn company policies and procedures in order to accurately implement and enforce such policies and procedures
Other duties as required and assigned
- A bachelor’s degree in human resource management preferred
- Five to ten years of experience in the HR field with a four-year college commiserate degree
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- 5 years prior HR experience desired
- Lehman’s will provide on-the-job training to qualified applicants
Travel – for attending career expos, training, trade shows, etc. and to travel locally to various worksites
Time Management – the ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize projects
- Must be willing and able to work assigned shift/schedule/provisory period as defined by supervision based on staffing needs
- Flexibility in scheduling is a must. As much prior notice as possible will be given; however, there could be as little as twenty-four hours’ notice
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation for self to and from assigned worksite(s). Transportation can include but is not limited to self-transport, car-pooling, hired drivers, horse & buggy, bicycle, etc. Neither Lehman’s nor Lehman’s supervision is responsible for securing or providing reliable transportation for this position.
- Dependability - must be willing and able to maintain proper attendance and punctuality standards; must be reliable, responsible and fulfill all employment obligations
- English – must be able to communicate fluently and understand the English language utilizing any and all forms of communication (written, verbal, visual, etc.)
- Dutch (Pennsylvania Dutch) – not a necessity but helpful in dealing with Amish employment candidates
Job Type: Full-time
- recruiting: 5 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules