|Date Posted||June 8, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks – everyday!
Brewster Quality Assurance Technician
Shift: Midnights 11:00 pm to 7:00 am and Afternoons 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Benefits start after 30 days!
Your seat at the best snacks table
The Quality Assurance Technician assures that analytical, microbiological, sensory attributes and corporate compliance's are completed in order to meet the quality standards defined by Shearer’s Snacks and its customers. They are responsible for performing assigned laboratory testing and assuring that equipment is calibrated and running properly. They also monitor the facility operation to ensure compliance with corporate quality requirements, SQF, labeling, GMP’s, food safety, and all other such standards of the plant. The Quality Assurance technicians work with the production team to assure that all proper checks are in place and communicate on a regular basis regarding quality results. Additional duties include training and preparing for audits, documenting results in record keeping database and other duties as assigned. This position reports to the Quality Supervisor.
What you bring to the party
- Attendance – Good attendance is a must for the QA Tech. This is a skilled position that requires the associate be reliable on a constant basis. Associates will be evaluated on a case by case basis prior to selection.
- Safety Mindset – Create a safety and health workplace; make SSW a priority.
- Language Skills – Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in their immediate area.
- Mathematical Skills – Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm – in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates.
- Leadership – The QA Technician will be an example for the line, as such they will need to be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy and follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC. The QA Technician must have the ability to work well with others.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding and carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems in common operating situations.
- Computer Skills - Must have basic computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required to run production. Verifications on computer will be done routinely throughout the day.
- Time Management – Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility: Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
- Physical Demands: The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 50+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for eight (08+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!