Industrial Maintenance Lead
|Date Posted||May 25, 2023|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
Industrial Maintenance Lead
Shift - Nights - 11:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Starting Hourly Rate - $35.75 plus a $3.00 shift premium
Your seat at the best snacks table:
The Maintenance Lead, along with performing all Maintenance Technician duties, will be responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all maintenance work by overseeing various areas of business repairs, planned and unplanned, reactive work, and aid in the implementation of maintenance procedures. The Maintenance Coordinator will direct the daily activities of the maintenance technicians to include setup, install, repair, and maintaining of machinery; provide training on equipment, schedule work, and coordinate coverage for on-shift maintenance technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Directs and monitors the activities of employees engaged in maintenance operations and procedures.
• Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment supports a safe workplace through training, LOTO, hot work, confined space, machine guarding, and all safety absolutes.
• Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes.
• Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work on the shift.
• Ensures that planned and scheduled work is executed and completed on time with minimal disruption from non-emergency reactive work requests.
• Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis. Utilizes metrics data to evaluate and improve work processes.
• Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection (MC).
• Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability
• Utilize problem solving tools such Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to evaluate reactive and unplanned work.
• Lead shift hand off meetings, conveying important information to the oncoming maintenance team.
• Oversee Maintenance Technicians’ schedules for your shift, to include coordinating coverage for vacations and call offs (align with other Maintenance Coordinator).
• Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
• Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts working with the Maintenance Parts Purchaser along with the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler.
• Inspects, tests, and measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements
• Utilizes standard work processes to ensure repeatable performance
• Confers with supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
• Escalates accidents or injuries to Maintenance Team Leader; Maintenance Manager and Shift Supervisors
• Evaluates maintenance policies and procedures
• Execute scheduling work process to assign corrective and preventive maintenance tasks to on-shift maintenance technicians; work with Maintenance Planner/Scheduler to increase efficiency.
Oversees, leads, and develops team members
• Determines daily schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment, and skill of personnel. Manages and effectively prioritizes any requests to break the daily schedule.
• Provides employee safety training to prevent, detect, and correct unsafe conditions or violations of procedures and safety rules
• Conducts or arranges for worker training in safety, repair, or maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use
Performs additional related duties as assigned
Role Contribution Level
This position is an Individual Contributor role. The position requires the incumbent to promote safe and efficient maintenance processes and procedures; and establish a positive work environment with people working together collaboratively. The incumbent must effectively shift from primarily directly overseeing task completion to primarily assigning tasks to others to be completed.
What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of principles involved in Preventative/Predictive Maintenance
• Knowledge of maintenance project implementation
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision-making skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Ability to work a variable schedule, including occasional weekend shifts as required to support the plant
• Self-reliant to find resources with entrepreneurial resourcefulness
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
The Distribution Manager position is located in a manufacturing environment, which includes:
• Exposure to high temperatures
• Fumes or airborne particles
• Moving mechanical parts and vibration
• Loud noise level
• Elevated heights
• Hot surfaces
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!