|Date Posted||October 22, 2019|
Description: Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Purpose: Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Job Duties:
- Works in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, presses, conveyor systems, and production machines. Must be able to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions.
- Must be skilled at trouble shooting malfunctions.
- Completes work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling machines; using hoists, hand and power tools; examining all parts for signs of wear, and determines need for replacement.
- Communicates often with all levels of the organization regarding work completed, and status of projects.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking out stock; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies, and communicating needs.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs, both verbally and through work orders.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Welds and fabricates simple machine components as needed to maintain production.
Skills/Qualifications: Equipment Maintenance, Technical Understanding, Deals with Uncertainty, Basic Safety, Power Tools, Attention to Detail, Flexibility, Job Knowledge, Productivity