Injection Molding Set Up Technician
|Date Posted||May 3, 2019|
LMT Mercer Group, Inc was formed in 1987 and supplies the vinyl and wood composite fence and deck industry with high quality component parts.
Set Up Technician
Responsible for the setup, startup, diagnosis and trouble shooting of the injection molding presses, all auxiliary equipment and all secondary production equipment. Ensure all machines run at optimum cycles. Document cycles, changes that are made or anything that may be pertinent to aid in future set ups.
Essential Job Functions/Job Related:
- Install and set up molds in injection molding machines.
- Handle insert and material changes.
- Start up production and trouble shoot problems.
- Change over assembly machines and supervise running and assist with minor problems.
- Communicate any mold or machine issues with the tooling or maintenance departments.
- Use computer to follow schedule in system to plan ahead for tools and materials needed on jobs.
- Keep production floor organized.
- Ensure a safe working environment.Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 2-5 years experience in plastic injection molding
- 2-5 years experience in mold setups and startups, injection molding, troubleshooting mold and process issues
Job Type: Full-time