Insurance Verification & Eligibility Coordinator
|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
- Contact patient insurance carrier to verify insurance and secure eligibility payments for services.
- Calculate patient responsibility for co-pay, deductible and co-insurance.
- Educate patients regarding the benefits they are eligible for under their current insurance policy. Explain the dollar amount they are responsible for at time of service.
- Enter notes in the computer system of conversation with patient and insurance company.
- Send a letter or email to the patient when unable to contact by phone with benefits.
- Send out pertinent forms to patients if needed.
- Notify Scheduling Clerk if patient needs to reschedule resulting from the patient’s decision after verifying insurance benefits.
- Document all phone calls for scheduling and/or cancellations.
- File working papers for future reference.
- Report “incidents” per the policy and procedure established by the corporation
- Other duties as assigned
Job Eligibility Requirements:
- Previous experience working with insurance carriers
- Possess good communication skills with both co-workers and the public.
- Friendly and courteous at all times with both the public and with co-workers.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player
- Familiar with HIPAA regulations