|Date Posted||March 31, 2021|
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers, and provide face-to-face client assessments in their pursuit of obtaining utility assistance.
- Receive and screen applicant’s required paperwork for specific program applications, prior to the Intake Specialist interview.
- Multi-line phone system - Respond to all incoming client calls, answer questions, and/or transfer calls to an appropriate intake specialist or department.
- Educates clients on program services
- Refers clients for services, as needed, within the agency and/or to partner agencies
Skills and Specifications:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent customer relation skills with all contacts including coworkers, clients, and referral sources.
- Knowledge of basic math functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED and/or an associate degree in Social Work or related field from an accredited college or university; or a technical school certification and/or 5 years of equivalent work experience in social services.
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in providing data entry and/or customer service in a social services agency or non-profit agency, exhibiting a passion for working with low-income clients