|Date Posted||June 12, 2019|
CHILD & ADOLESCENT BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Trauma Informed Day Treatment
Positions Available: Intervention Specialist (grades K-3, mild to moderate, Special Education) and/or General Education licensure
Job Description/Duties include but are not limited to the following:
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic, creative educator to provide academic instruction to youth with severe emotional and behavioral disturbances. A significant focus of a typical program day will include the development and enhancement of pro-social and behavioral and emotional self-regulation skills.
- Plan and implement a program of study, including administering standardized tests, that meets individual learner needs, interests and abilities which is consistent with Ohio’s Learning Standards.
- Effectively collaborate with mental/behavioral health staff as part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team.
- Assess, monitor, and record academic/IEP progress; maintain data/records
- Collaborate with other educators in planning, writing, coordinating and implementing the IEP and transition plan to less restrictive setting.
- Make provisions to be available to parents and Special Education Directors for educational and behavioral related purposes.
- Effectively implement the Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health behavior management philosophy and intervention continuum: provide behavior management in the classroom/program setting; assist, support and intervene with youth who are emotionally/behaviorally dysregulated; provide verbal de-escalation, behavioral coaching, rehearsal, problem-solving, and self-regulation skill development.
- Positively contribute to the individual classroom and overall program therapeutic milieu.
- Individual characteristics: well developed verbal, listening, and written communication skills; effective use of technology for reports and class; fair and trustworthy; highly organized; comfortable with culturally diverse populations; able to form therapeutic alliances with youth.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a licensed teacher, working toward Intervention Specialist certification or possessing IS certification
SALARY RANGE: $32,000 - $36,000 based on credentials and level of experience.
HOURS: 190 day contract position, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Substitute positions also available.
TO APPLY: Send resume/apply by: June 27, 2019
TO: Email: email@example.com
QUESTIONS TO: Dan Metzgar, Day Treatment Program Director at 330-454-7917.