|Date Posted||April 11, 2023|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
IT Support Intern, Summer 2023
The IT Support Intern provides direct support for all facets of technology within the organization. This position will spend time within each core functions of IT gaining knowledge within Endpoint Support, Cyber Security, Application Development, Project Management and Systems (servers/network/O365). This position will report to our Corporate Headquarters while also providing support to our facilities within Stark County. This is a great opportunity to impact a growing organization using cutting edge technologies.
Your seat at the table
- Attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, continuously looks for improvements, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on problems
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Candidate must be highly motivated and demonstrate ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Seeks opportunities to introduce new technologies to increase productivity, streamline processes, promote efficiencies, and increase quality
- Document, resolve, and/or escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
What you bring to the table
- Actively working on a degree in MIS or Computer Science
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, along with strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with non-technical coworkers
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution, and be highly motivated
- Experience with any of the following will be a plus:
- Windows 10 and 11 Professional Operating Systems
- Understanding of Active Directory including Users, Computers, and Group Policies
- Experience performing regular maintenance of systems including applying necessary upgrades, patches and service packs
- Ability to support a Microsoft Office environment – emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of TCP/IP (IPv4) protocol and related hardware / software
- Provide support of VOIP telephone system
- Assisting with network administration
- Must be highly motivated with a strong desire to learn new skills, show attention to detail, and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!