|Date Posted||December 30, 2019|
Scope of Position: Create opportunities that foster the education and employment development of youth and adult job seekers and workers, in collaboration with the Employer Engagement Specialist, local and regional employers, training and education institutions. Serve as the program employment specialist to recruit and engage job seekers in SCCAA’s education and employment services, with the goal to match program participants to employment opportunities.
- Apply project leadership to foster the alignment of SCCAA’s education and employment services with the needs of local and regional employers in a fashion that advances the employment linkage of job seekers and workers.
- Develop and implement a recruitment strategy plan to market and promote SCCAA’s education and employment services, with the goal of attracting underserved, economically disadvantage talent to participant in SCCAA’s sponsored training.
- Work in collaboration with the Employer Engagement Manager to identify the training and workforce needs of employers as a means to support the talent acquisition of job seekers and workers enrolled in SCCAA’s education and employment program services.
- Utilize industry-related assessment and pre-employment screening tools to assess eligibility for employment, career aptitude, interests, and skill-sets of job seekers and workers seeking to participate in SCCAA’s education and workforce services, with the goal to best match their skills with the needs of employers.
- Provide case management to support the development of action-driven employment plans that lead to the employment connection of program participants, while maintaining a filing system to secure confidential and sensitive information.
- Coordinate and assist with the development and facilitation of employment readiness workshops to support the talent development of job seekers, while also providing individual career coaching as needed.
- Facilitate referrals to community partners for appropriate services not provided by SCCAA, that best support the successful implementation of program participants employment plans
Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Abilities:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree in one of the relevant fields (i.e. business administration, human resource management marketing or communication.
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in workforce development or related field.
- Effectively market and represent the hiring agency, its clients and program services.
- Capacity to work with diverse populations and community partners.
- Proven experience working with economically disadvantage individuals and families.
- Experience conducting case management and managing training projects.
- Capacity to analyze data and labor market reports to support the continuous improvement of program services.
- Ability to work with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Skilled in the use of technology, including Microsoft products and Google Docs
- Utilization of reference material to research, plan and facilitate workshops and presentations.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Effectively communicate in both oral and written formats.
- Possess a valid driving license and provide proof of automobile insurance.