|Date Posted||January 30, 2022|
Abbott Electric, Inc., a well established industrial, commercial and residential electrical contracting & engineering firm, is looking for a Junior Estimator/Project Manager to join our management team.
Estimating responsibilities include:
- Compiles bid documents and prepares bid information for the lead estimator.
- Responsible for organizing and providing take-offs.
- Solicits material and subcontractor pricing.
- Prepares vendor and subcontractor list.
- Guarantees that bids are in compliance with bid documents.
- Oversees the assembly and dissemination of bidding packages to subcontractors, vendors and manufacturers
- Works to ensure harmonious customer relationships and build new ones.
Project management responsibilities include:
- Helps manage complex electrical projects for the Company.
- Scheduling and coordinating electrical construction activities based on reviewing and evaluating available documents.
- The ability to highly perform with minimal supervision.
- Ensuring that the company’s best interests are represented including profitability, and cost control.
- Developing accurate, competitive, and profitable change order proposals for a variety of complex and large projects.
- Compiles close out documentation for projects.
General qualities of a successful candidate:
- Ability to clearly communicate with lead Project Manager/Estimator, field staff and customers both in writing and verbally.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to type is a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- Strong math skills to include ability to understand estimated vs. actual cost, mark-up and profit margins.
- Ability to organize project schedules and adapt schedule accordingly as project progresses.
Previous experience as a Project Manager or Estimator is a plus. Experience as an Electrician would be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for you to join our growing team as an Electrical Estimator/Project Manager, to build valuable management experience with an industry leader, and to enjoy a top compensation package. Send resumes to Brent Fatzinger, at email@example.com.