|Date Posted||August 31, 2021|
Stuckey Family Interfaith Child Development Center is currently looking for a full-time Lead or Assistant Preschool Teacher who likes to work in a co-teaching environment. Experience with Creative Curriculum, Step Up to Quality (SUTQ), and helping children build resiliency skills, is preferred. We offer low adult to child ratios with 2 full-time teachers and a maximum of 17-20 students per classroom. The shifts available are 8:30-4:30 or 9:00-5:00. The salary range is $9.30/hr. for a HS Diploma, $10.75/hr. for a CDA Credential, $11.75/hr. for an Associate's degree in early childhood, $12.75/hr. for a Bachelor's in ECE or a related field. Candidates who want a temporary summer position will be considered for these positions.
The position involves developing lesson plans for the group based on the students’ current skill levels and interests. Other responsibilities include interacting with children and families in a friendly and responsive manner, having daily conversations with families, completing assessments, serving meals, cleaning and disinfecting, and following all licensing and SUTQ requirements.
- Lead qualifications are a minimum of CDA with at least 2 years of experience.
- Prefer Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Experience working with children ages 3-5
- Committed to developmentally appropriate practices
- Candidates without a credential will be required to enroll in either CDA classes or college ECE program
- Pay based on education and experience
- Employer paid medical benefits after probationary period
- Low cost dental/vision coverage available after probationary period
- 4 paid professional development days per year
- 8-10 paid holidays
- Annual paid time off
- The annual center shut down week in July is additional paid time off after the first year of employment
- CPR, First Aid, Communicable Disease, Child Abuse certifications provided at no cost
- Eight hour shifts with overtime available as center needs dictate
- Employee discount for child care is available