Lead Pre-K Teacher
|Date Posted||April 2, 2019|
Do you love working with children and helping them acheive their full potential? Do you enjoy hugs, smiles, and having fun? This position may be for you!
McKinley Early Childhood Center is seeking a full time Lead Pre-K Teacher! The ideal candidate would be fun, easy-going, flexible, and able to work in a fast paced environment. This position requires a self-motivated person with a passion for early childhood education. We need someone who has a positive attitude that can multi-task and facilitate a high quality early childhood experience for the children in their care.
- Attend to the needs of each child in your care
- Maintain and safe and healthy environment
- Maintain a positive attitude with children, co-workers, and parents
- Develop and implement lesson plans using the Creative Curriculum
- Maintain open communication with parents about their child’s day and the progress they are making
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior using positive guidance
- Attend all staff meetings and in-service trainings as required by the Company, State licensing, and Step Up to Quality
- Comply with all Company and licensing rules
- Comply with CACFP rules
- Be a mentor to new teachers
- Be open to new ideas
- Do what is asked of you by management to provide the best childcare experience possible!
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service
- Positive attitude
- Time management
- Behavior management
- Flexibility of schedule. Schedules are based on the needs of the Center, so your schedule may vary from time to time.
- Flexibility of roles. Management may need you to fill in for other staff and/or classrooms from time to time.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a large portion of the day/move around as needed in order to properly supervise the children
- Must be willing to submit for an ODJFS background check
- CPL Level 3 or higher preferred
- Salary dependent on experience
- Paid vacation
- Paid training