|Date Posted||September 23, 2019|
An experienced mechanical machine design engineer with experience in designing medium to large scale automated machinery and support equipment for global plastics markets. The company manufactures only proprietary products. The candidate will work with a team of designers and will need to be a hands-on lead designer. Tasks include creating new machine designs, supporting existing designs, generating assembly and detail drawings, sizing and selecting components, creating Bills of Materials using 3-D design software. Ideal candidates will also have knowledge in the following:
- Experienced in designing complete industrial machines and equipment systems from cradle to grave.
- Able to perform structural load and stress calculations for new and existing designs.
- Ability to size mechanical power train components like gearboxes, motors, bearings, etc for new and improved applications.
- Proficient in a 3-D mechanical design software package. Solid Works is a plus.
- Visual Manufacturing software.
This position will be responsible for:
- Designing new products.
- Improving existing products through VAVE efforts to reduce overall cost and improve performance.
- Providing technical leadership and engineering support within the department and throughout the company.
- Act as liaison between engineering department and factory floor.
- Coordinate mechanical design requirements with electrical engineers and software engineers
- Technical support to customers as required.
- Support to the Sales Department in creating concept drawings to customers for new applications.
- Working closely with vendors in the selection of components and equipment.
Degreed Mechanical Engineer (BS or MS)
Excellent communication skills; perhaps some group lead experience
Strong analytical problem-solving skills
Must be a US Citizen
Job requires infrequent travel
Salaried full time, permanent position
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and benefits that include paid vacation, 401K plan, medical, life and disability insurance.