|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2020|
This position is responsible for the streamlining of all aspects of the freight transportation process. Focus is on reducing shipping time, expediting routes, and maximizing loads for all types of cargo transport. The Load Planner will manage the overall planning and coordination of transportation services for the company, using professional judgment and discretion so as to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the operation
- High School diploma or equivalent business experience; degree preferred
- 2 years of experience in dispatch or related roles
- Previous logistics dispatch/scheduling experience preferred
- Knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft and logistics application software
- Ability to solve problems and work in high pressure situations, using independent judgement and discretion
- Ability to work well in teams with staff and contractors from all departments
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent personal skills and positive attitude
- Ability to work in high-demand environment; adaptability to change
- Partner with dispatchers and fleet managers to plan and carry out shipping operations
- Develop daily operating plan with emphasis on achieving established department KPI's
- Evaluate current operating plan and create future plans with focus on payload, on-time deliveries, and loaded mile percentage
- Engage and collaborate daily with Scheduling Team Leader(s) on opportunities of growth and improvement for KAG assets.
- Assess and adjust current and future operating plans to maximize growth, efficiency and safety
- Solicit new and existing customers for freight opportunities.
- Update known sourcing as changes occur and revise daily operating plan as necessary to ensure operational efficiency
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the overall efficiency and success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Communicate effectively with customers, drivers, dispatchers, and other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient operation