|Date Posted||October 25, 2022|
You already ♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and we are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Load Planning Manager
The primary function of the Load Planning Manager would be to manage a team of individuals who are coordinating the production dock operations for both inbound material flow and outbound loading operations across all sites in the network. This individual will be responsible for ensuring inventory and process integrity as well as ensuring customer and organizational service levels are being met. This role aligns network strategy, daily operations, continuous improvement, and leadership development to meet the demands of a highly driven, customer service-based organization.
Your seat at the table
- Provide leadership that drives operational excellence, continuous improvement, and teamwork throughout the warehouses and load planning team
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to recruit the highest caliber talent and actively participate in creating a workplace that sustains employee morale, commitment, and retention
- Actively develop the load planning team through learning and development programs, coaching and involvement in operational initiatives
- Facilitate the relationship with load planning team and key operational partners such as plant operations, inventory, transportation, and distribution teams from each site.
- Develop appropriate metrics and ensure the proper monitoring controls are in place to regularly measure the load planning team performance by establishing clear and measurable objectives that stretch the individuals
- Ensure team processes and procedures are adjusted according to performance reports to drive a consistent sustainable process strategy throughout operations focusing on continuous improvement
- Leverage use of WMS and related technologies and infrastructure to drive business value
- Responsible for identifying product needs for production and shipments
- Accountable for the facilitation of outbound loading and inbound unloading by sequencing the dock schedule in alignment to the production schedule and outbound service requirements
- Develop schedule management of the load planning team with flexibility of daily responsibilities to accommodate the operation running 24/7.
- Standardize processes to reduce waste and develop consistent work processes and standard work for all key functions of the operation
- Build a Continuous Improvement culture that builds on root cause solutions that sustain over time
What you bring to the table
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 5 years of management experience in a warehousing/distribution environment, preferred in FDA regulated facility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, planning and leadership
- A track record of team building and organizational development; able to hold employees accountable for results; able to recognize when education and training is needed
- Strong knowledge of warehouse operations both clerical and direct
- Fully competent and knowledgeable on Warehouse Management Systems – inputting and identifying locations, implementation of WMS, training, daily monitoring of over-rides and manage system upgrades
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated facilitation skills
- Demonstrated project management and influencing skills to ensure project and KPI success
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others; a natural bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Possess a basic financial understanding to ensure results are delivered on time and in full
- Available to work flexible hours and days as needed to meet business demands
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!