|Date Posted||July 24, 2019|
The Low Voltage Project Manager is responsible for overseeing projects from estimating through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. Provides overall estimating and project management support for several small to medium projects and/or one large project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedure
- Extensive knowledge of Low Voltage systems including: Access Control, CCTV, Paging System, Nurse Call and other related telecom systems
- Ability to read blueprints and specifications to prepare packages for competitive bids
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Effective performance management skills
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.);
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Preferences will be given to candidates with BICSI level and manufacturer certifications.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude and commitment to excellence.
- Candidates must have a valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Satisfactory results from a background/employment history investigation and drug screening.
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
- Prepare a complete estimate for selected project with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form.
- Plan and organize a project under the directions of a Senior Project Manager.
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project. Negotiate all change orders on the project.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Field Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budget.
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision.
- Supervise the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client. Negotiate all change quotations to a conclusion.
- Monitor costing reports under the supervision of a Senior PM.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client.
- Represent the company in project meetings.
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BICSI RCDD a plus
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the low voltage cabling industry in a Project Management role
- Manufacturers certification a plus
Abbott Electric Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Paid holiday and vacation time
- Health insurance to include medical, dental, vision, short term disability and life insurance
- Project Management: 5 years
- Structured Cabling Project Management: 5 years
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- CLEAN Drivers License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $50-$70K depending on experience.