|Location||North Canton, OH|
|Date Posted||May 22, 2019|
ASC Industries, Inc., a division of the Trico Group, is a manufacturer of high-quality water pumps. We are a global corporation that manufactures and distributes parts all over the world. Our North Canton facility includes manufacturing, shipping & receiving, and warehousing operations. We are currently seeking a full-time Machinist to join our team.
The Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating conventional, special purpose and numerical control (NC) machines and maching centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts. To perform in the job successfully, the desired individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinder and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow and depth and angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts onto complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
Competencies & Requirements:
To perform in the job successfully, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following key skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 1-year certificate from college or technical school
- 5 years of intermediate machining experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical Skills
- Team Work
- Judgment and Reasoning
- Safety and Security
- Mathematical Abilities
- Experience in an IATF 16949 environment preferred but not required
- Ability to read blueprints preferred
Interested candidates should submit their interest, along with their compensation requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.