|Date Posted||May 3, 2021|
Massillon Container Company/Vail Industries, is seeking a Manufacturing Maintenance Worker who will work year round with our Maintenance Manager and be responsible for the safe, timely and efficient completion of duties related to the routine maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing of the plant’s production equipment and facilities.
Starting pay for this helper position ranges from $42,000 to $55,000 base per year without reasonable overtime based on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and PLC troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make equipment adjustments as needed.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Keep accurate logs of all maintenance, repairs and parts ordering.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Support and communicate company core values on a consistent and ongoing basis
- Electric, Millwright, Welding, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Technical Capacity, Ethical Conduct, Communication
- Proficiency, Results Driven, Initiative
This union position works 11:00 am to 7:30 pm Mon thru Thurs and 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Fri
This position will require occasional overtime without advanced notification based on production needs associated with unexpected equipment, press and/or facility issues.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot and cold temperatures, airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee is in a manufacturing environment that is dusty and where welding operations occasionally occur. Overhead work may be occasionally required. There is a frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, twist, bend, lift and move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and occasionally lift and move very heavy objects (up to 100 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the work shift. Personal protective equipment will be required and provided.
In addition, the individual in this job must be able to perform under time constraints and must be able to work rapidly for long periods and to communicate and interact collaboratively and respectfully with others. The employee must be able to read and comprehend the material they read, and be able to write and problem solve.
Education and Experience
High school diploma/GED is required and previous industrial maintenance related experience /education and equipment maintenance experience preferred. Previous hands on industrial maintenance in a production environment experience required with general knowledge of industrial electric, millwright, hydraulic, pneumatic, skills is expected, with some PLC experience a plus.
At Massillon Container Company/Vail Industries our employees work together in a diverse group and enjoy regularly scheduled shifts and fair treatment. We provide employees with fair wages plus a full benefit package that includes low cost medical and dental insurance, 401k with automatic 2% per pay profit sharing contribution and additional employer match on employee contributions, disability and life coverage, plus multiple weeks’ vacation and 11 paid holidays a year
Massillon Container Company/Vail Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offer employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified candidates and employees.