|Date Posted||February 6, 2023|
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer, and distributor of quality snack foods sold under private labels across the nation. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com.
Maintenance Supervisor (1st Shift - 7AM-3PM)
Your seat at the table
The Maintenance Supervisor handles various areas of business repair and aids in the implementation of maintenance procedures. The Maintenance Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates the activities of maintenance technicians engaged in setup, install, repair, and maintaining of machinery, provides training on equipment, and keeps personnel records.
A role of the Maintenance Supervisor is to assure full and consistent compliance with the Companies Policies with regards to Customer Satisfaction, the Principles of SQF (Safe Quality Foods) and Regulatory Requirements. All associates are responsible to report food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action. In the absence of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for these duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Directs and monitors the activities of employees engaged in maintenance operations and procedures
- Ensures that behaviors, practices and the work environment supports a safe workplace through training, LOTO. hot work, confined space, and others
- Support continuous improvement objectives to improve safety, quality, and throughput processes
- Provides direction, expertise, work execution decisions and compliance reviews for all maintenance work
- Provides specific recommendations for maintenance plan improvements based on machine performance, observations & data analysis.
- Ensures all work plans, specifications, labor & materials are accurately & consistently recorded against specified assets in Maintenance Connection.
- Drives the development & implementation of maintenance improvement processes aimed at improving overall equipment reliability
- Supports, coaches, mentors and develops plant technical team members
- Utilize problem solving tools such as 5Ys and the Fishbone diagram
- Attend and provide input to assigned DDS meetings in support of operations
- Fill-in for the maintenance manager in his/her absence
- Partner with outside contractors to complete work as needed
- Inspects and monitors work areas, and examines tools and equipment
- Requisitions materials and supplies, such as tools, equipment, or replacement parts
- Inspects, tests, and measures completed work, using devices such as hand tools or gauges to verify conformance to standards or repair requirements
- Examines objects, systems, or facilities and analyzes information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs
- Utilizes metrics/data to evaluate and improve work processes
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions
- Utilizes standard work processes to ensure repeatable performance
- Monitors production levels to ensure they are consistent with goals
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments
- Investigates accidents or injuries and prepares reports of findings
- Evaluates maintenance policies and procedures
- Compute estimates and actual costs of factors such as materials, labor, or outside contractors
What you bring to the table
Education and Work Experience
- High school or equivalent degree required; a two-year technical or bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in a plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry experience
- HVAC certification preferred
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer’s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.