|Date Posted||July 24, 2019|
Responsible for performing all maintenance functions to maintain plant’s equipment to meet efficiency and productivity levels.
Position which Supervisor Reports to: Regional Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Plant Manager
This Position: Maintenance Technician
- Coordinates maintenance priorities and schedules.
- Determines the implementation, and execution of preventative maintenance programs and emergency breakdowns.
- Maintains maintenance supplies, materials, and inventories.
- Maintains documentation of all daily maintenance activity.
- Works various shifts if necessary and being "on-call" as required.
- Maintains overall organization and cleanliness of the maintenance department.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of MP2 software.
- Assists in entering work orders into database and retrieving them for closing or modifying
Maintains effective use of both equipment and time to achieve maximum productivity.
- Maintains a working knowledge of chains, sprockets, belts, reducers, motors, hydraulics, and air pneumatics.
- Performs arc welding and brazing, including the use of a cutting torch.
- Maintains a working understanding of mechanical blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Troubleshoots root cause analysis and repair of mechanical assemblies and power transmission devices.
- Performs the disassembly and rebuilding of a variety of mechanical assemblies.
- Performs cutting, threading, installation and welding of black iron pipe.
- Maintaining equipment and sub-system leveling and alignment.
- Maintains basic fabricating skills.
- Maintains basic plumbing skills.
- Must have completed training and OJT for Mechanical, passed proficiency test.
- Maintains effective use of both equipment and time to achieve maximum productivity.
- Assists in problem analysis, root cause identification, & troubleshooting training.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of combustion systems, burners, and safety chain on drop bottom furnaces, hyper quench, and age ovens.
- Fires all furnaces, ovens, and atmosphere generators from both cold and warm conditions.
- Performs power outage recovery of all furnaces, ovens, & atmosphere generators.
- Maintains a working knowledge of motor controls, switches, relays, flame safeties, and temperature controllers.
- Maintains knowledge of operation of all furnace equipment, controls, and systems.
- Reads and understand all of the wiring schematics.
- Maintains a complete understanding and analysis of all furnaces alarm systems.
- Performs safe correction of furnace problems such jammed doors, carriages, etc.
- Must have completed training and OJT for Furnace.
- Responsible for effective use of both equipment and time to achieve maximum productivity.
- Reads and understands the electrical schematics.
- Diagnoses and troubleshooting complex electrical systems.
- Understands all voltages and types of AC & DC electrical systems up to 480 AC.
- Maintains knowledge of Ohm’s law.
- Removes old electrical systems, conduit and wiring.
- Understands and follows the National Electrical Code.
- Performs with competency in the effective application of all applicable electrical measurements devices.
- Must score in at least the 70th percentile in the Elec Test.
- Must have completed training and OJT for Electrical, passed proficiency test.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Must have basic familiarity with PLC theory, operation, & troubleshooting
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Must possess good math skills.
- Ability to follow complex, written instructions.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and pass Al-Fe skills test.
- Must maintain a basic understanding of OSHA regulations and effective use of PPE.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Capable of working various shifts as required.
- Must be capable of using/reading a voltage ohm meter or millimeter
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 3 years of maintenance experience in an industrial setting.