|Date Posted||April 1, 2021|
At ICAN Housing we strive for excellence. Our mission is to provide supportive housing for individuals who are homeless, most of whom struggle with mental health challenges. We also act to help these individuals thrive. We work closely with partners to achieve this goal.
The Maintenance Technician working 40 hours per week; will keep the premises of ICAN properties in good repair and in clean/orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains buildings, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities including performing repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings.
- Performs ground maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- May engage in the general cleaning and upkeep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, power washing and washing windows.
- Performs routine maintenance activities to ensure that all mechanical systems are operating to capacity.
- Interprets company policies and follows safety regulations.
- Maintains time records and manage credit card purchases and records.
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED; and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Key Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of individuals from varying educational, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds to include listening, sensitivity to other's feelings, needs, point of view, tact, and courtesy.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to tenant needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Able to share on call responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Provide a resume and cover letter by Sunday April 18th or Hard-copy mail or hand-deliver to:
Attn: Gary Rhoades
1214 Market Ave. N
Canton, OH 44714-2604