|Date Posted||December 7, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
Nights 12am-8am, Days 8am-4pm and afternoons 4pm-12am
Your seat at the best snacks table:
The Material Handler will participate in functions around distribution, shipping and receiving, forklift operation, as well as picking and packing in a fast-paced environment. Material Handlers will be responsible for moving product or materials to designated areas in a production or warehouse environment.
What you bring to the party:
- Safely unloads all potato trucks in a timely manner in order to stay within schedule.
- Ensure all loads are properly tagged with all vital information.
- Reports any foreign objects in the potatoes.
- Repair/build any damaged potato crates as needed; physical work required.
- Repetitious work at fast pace.
- Occasional heavy lifting is necessary, up to 85 pounds.
- Use pallet jacks and forklift for shipping and receiving activities.
- Moving pallets to and from the production area, and all other duties as assigned.
- Maintain high quality standards.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to interact with all team members on a daily basis.
- Understanding of receiving operations and alert to the needs of the manufacturing process.
- Shipping and receiving experience is preferred.
- Some forklift, loading, unloading, and inventory experience is preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours; weekends and overtime as needed.
- Must possess good mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat environment on your feet for minimum of eight hours.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. We also offer Direct Deposit and Daily Pay Options
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!