|Date Posted||March 20, 2019|
ALFE WADSWORTH DIVISION
MATERIAL HANDLER JOB DESCRIPTION
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
- Responsible for material handling of non-preloaded product to heat treatable containers and from heat treatable containers back to customer containers.
- Responsible for housekeeping in all designated areas.
- Responsible for implementation of all quality procedures as they relate to specific systems and/or customers.
- Responsible for assisting in all areas of production and quality as directed by the Team Leader or member of management.
- Responsible to operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for correctly following written procedures and work instructions.
- Responsible for documenting any non-conformance in the process you discover as well as placing product in the hold/non-conform area.
- Responsible for participating in a team based working environment.
- Responsible for general overall housekeeping and organization.
- Responsible for maintaining work force morale.
- Responsible for communicating with others and participating in a group/team environment.
- Responsible for attending prescribed training sessions.
Material Handling Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the knowledge and understanding of process flow, material storage, and staging locations for both customer and heat treat containers.
- Responsible for proficiency in identifying container types by customer, use, and markings.
- Responsible for creating and inputting batch numbers into batch tracking systems.
- Responsible for following and executing material movements required by the production schedule.
- Responsible for safely and effectively loading and unloading trucks.
- Must have completed training and OJT for Material Movement, passed proficiency test, and be signed off per completed Al-Fe Wadsworth Skill Adder sign off sheet.
- Responsible for straightening all designated parts in accordance with approved methods as well as all documentation deemed necessary to record daily activities pertaining to the straightening of customer products.
- Responsible for maintaining the required standard of quality on a continuing basis.
- Responsible for maintaining output at or above established piece rate
- Responsible for housekeeping of straightening area.
- Responsible for understanding and following safety practices and reporting safety hazards.
- Premier Thermal Solutions and its subsidiaries will comply with the Americans Disabilities Act.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Job position must have a completed hazard assessment form.
- Steel toed safety shoes/boots are required at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift experience.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
- Above average work record.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be willing to work toward attaining company goals and objectives.
- Must be willing to work in a shared responsibility and team based work environment.
- Must be capable of learning multiple tasks and willing to stay abreast of changes and learn new tasks.
- Must possess positive attitude, be dependable, reliable, self-motivated, and trustworthy.