|Date Posted||November 17, 2021|
You already ♥LOVE♥ us
Shearer’s is a privately held producer, leading co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other private labels. Ranking number one in private brand and contract manufactured salty snacks, as well as the number two supplier of private brand cookies and crackers in North America, you love our products, although you may not be familiar with our name! We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to embrace significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Full Time Material Handler
Shifts: 7AM-7PM & 7PM-7AM
Hourly Rate - $15.20 to start
Your seat at the table
The Warehouse Material Handler team member will be responsible for organizing the shift materials and shipping. Functions include physical labor while engaging in the flow of raw materials and finished goods to and from packaging floor, engaging in the loading/unloading of trailers, operating pallet jacks, and all other duties as assigned. All team members are expected to keep their work areas clean at all times to a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing.
The Warehouse Material Handler is accountable for:
• Verifies that machines are set up correctly by checking labels, shift number, machine and code date.
• Make sure that all packaging stations have the correct boxes for the product they are packing.
• Moves and counts all completed skids. Makes sure that all skids are tagged with a skid label, all partial skids are labeled appropriately.
• Informs Packaging Machine Operators when an order is close to completion.
• Ensures boxes are supplied to production lines in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for shutting down label machines, emptying and covering labels, putting labels and scales in appropriate area and covering all tape machines at the end of shift.
• Ensure all finished good pallets are wrapped appropriately. Inspect to ensure finished pallets are stable and meet customer and internal standards.
• Performs additional related duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
• High school diploma/GED and working towards a Maintenance Certification or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience
• Manufacturing experience and/or previous warehouse experience, is a plus
• General computer knowledge
• Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction
• Time management skills
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now