Material Handler- NEW RATES! Night shift!
|Date Posted||October 21, 2022|
You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 12 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
Manufacturing Material Handler - Hiring Immediately!
Benefits After 30 days! $18.00/HR
+$3.00/hr shift premium for night shift!
Your seat at the table
The Warehouse Material Handler team member will be responsible for organizing the shift materials and shipping. Functions include physical labor while engaging in the flow of raw materials and finished goods to and from packaging floor, engaging in the loading/unloading of trailers, operating pallet jacks, and all other duties as assigned. All team members are expected to keep their work areas clean at all times to a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing.
The Warehouse Material Handler is accountable for:
• Verifies that machines are set up correctly by checking labels, shift number, machine and code date.
• Make sure that all packaging stations have the correct boxes for the product they are packing.
• Moves and counts all completed skids. Makes sure that all skids are tagged with a skid label, all partial skids are labeled appropriately.
• Informs Packaging Machine Operators when an order is close to completion.
• Ensures boxes are supplied to production lines in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for shutting down label machines, emptying and covering labels, putting labels and scales in appropriate area and covering all tape machines at the end of shift.
• Ensure all finished good pallets are wrapped appropriately. Inspect to ensure finished pallets are stable and meet customer and internal standards.
What you bring to the table
- Manufacturing experience and/or previous warehouse experience, is a plus
- Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period
- Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
We Offer a Feast of Benefits after 30 Days of hire!
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!