|Date Posted||September 7, 2021|
Vasco Asphalt Company has an opportunity available for the position of Mechanic to maintain and repair equipment and vehicles. You will be responsible for ensuring functionality and reliability of machines, engines, and mechanical systems. Candidates for this position must have great attention to detail and be able to work with various machines and tools as well as follow all safety precautions.
- Inspect equipment, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on equipment and vehicles
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to equipment or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Proven experience as a Mechanic
- Prior knowledge of machinery, hydraulic, and other systems and their components
- Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.) and precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
- Ability to follow established procedures, practices, and read instructions.
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Very good communication and problem-solving skills
Applicants must have a valid non-restrictive Ohio Drivers License, be able to pass drug and alcohol screening, undergo a preemployment background check, and be able to work flexible hours with overtime. This is a year-round position.
We offer: above average wages; medical, dental, and prescription coverage; paid holidays / vacation time; 401(k) plan with company match (no waiting period); and opportunities for advancement for hard-working individuals.
Military welcomed and encouraged to apply.
Apply in person: Vasco Asphalt Company, 4270 Sterilite Street SE, Massillon, Ohio 44646 , or submit your resume in response to this ad. No phone calls please. We care about our employees and the work environment, so Vasco Asphalt participates in the Drug Free Workplace Program. You must be able to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as random tests throughout the year. Vasco provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Job Type: Full-time