|Date Posted||February 8, 2021|
Part-time Medical Office Associate position available at our St. Thomas Hospital - Same Day Surgery department.
We offer a generous benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, 401(k) and much more!
Apply online today at https://www.crystalclinic.com/careers
The Medical Office Associate provides administrative services with chart assembly and preparation, supply ordering, and in some cases interactions with patients and families on day of surgery. A Medical Office Associate will correspond with clinical office sites to ensure that necessary documents are present on chart prior to day of surgery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares Surgery Chart Cart for next day surgeries; Processes charts from Pre-Admission Testing Department; Facilitates processing of charts for clearance with the Internal Medicine Service and to the Nurse Practitioners for the Crystal Clear Pathway Program; Labels charts with correct patient labels; Preps charts for future surgeries; Identifies charts that are missing a key component for day of surgery; Collects charts from inpatient and outpatient units and delivers them for cleaning; Links charts in computer.
- Contacts Clinic Offices to obtain Order Sheets and Clearances; Delivers Order Sheets to Registration Department and retrieves chart labels.
- Maintains incoming emails, faxes, and files as appropriate.
- Makes and receives phone calls from various providers and secretaries. Answers phones in Same Day Surgery Area when assigned there.
- Assures that pre-testing information is conveyed to physicians and nurse practitioners.
- Obtains EKGs from Medical Records and places in correct patient chart; Files lab and EKG results in correct patient chart.
- Prints Surgery and Pre-Admission Testing Schedules.
- Welcomes patients and families on day of surgery; Assists family to consult room to speak to surgeon; Transfers patients in the computer system.
- Orders supplies as needed for Surgical Services.
- All other duties not specifically assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Three (3) to Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in field or profession preferred; excellent computer skills/typing skills and knowledge of office equipment; good problem solver and detail oriented;