|Date Posted||September 18, 2019|
If you have excellent customer service skills and the ability to help callers resolve questions regarding how Medicare benefits coordinate with other insurance coverage, then Ameridial has a career for you! We have an established team that is growing with opportunities.
In order to be successful in handling calls from beneficiaries and others, you must have a strong customer service and complaint resolution skill set. We will train you for this exciting opportunity
We offer our dedicated staff the following
- 7 paid sick time days
- 10 paid vacation days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision offered after the first 90 days of employment( if you choose not to obtain the insurance we will provide the funds for you to obtain your own health insurance)
- Child Care Discount (there is a day care located across the street from the office!)
- No weekends, paid holidays, casual environment (yes you can wear jeans!)
- Assist callers on what insurance is primary to Medicare
- Keep Medicare records accurately updated with correct insurance information
- Provide doctors with Medicare members insurance information for claims processing
- Adhere to the Privacy Act and HIPAA laws and regulations as they relate to the confidentiality of information released.
- 1 year of previous customer service/telemarketing/secretarial experience required
- Must be able to type 25 wpm, data entry skills are a plus
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience working with a PC and a Windows environment is required.
- Must have the ability to organize simultaneous tasks
- Previous experience with Medicare & Health insurance processes
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks to meet contract standards is required.
- Must have demonstrated leadership skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Must have proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed